Bismuth Germanate (BGO)
Manufactured by Oxide Corporation in Japan, BGO single crystals are a superior electro-optic medium for voltage sensors. BGO features low SAW velocity and an absence of ferroelectricity for SAW devices (delay lines).
- Crystalline structure: Cubic system
- Density: 9.2g/cm³
- Dielectric constant: e11:38
- Piezoelectric: e14=0.938 C/m²
- SAW velocity: 1.681 x 103 m/s
- Coupling constant: 0.0068
- Temperature constant of SAW: 120x10-6/K
- Electro-Optic coefficient: r41=3.1 x 10-12 m/V at 850nm
With its high electro-optic coefficient BGO is also useful in non-linear optics, in Pockels cells for example, and can also be used for photorefractive devices in the UV range. BGO is also widely used as a scintillator crystal, with photons in the visible region being produced when the crystal is subject to high energy gamma rays.
We can supply BGO in a variety of forms, shapes and sizes. Please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.